Cinco De Mayo
Happy Cinco De Mayo
We got the chance to celebrate one of our favorite holidays with twin sisters, Bria and Tia Downey.
We got the chance to celebrate one of our favorite holidays with twin sisters, Bria and Tia Downey. As a chef and a mixologist, the sisters are never short for good meals and good times. We caught up over live music at Tulips & Old Gringo Tequila. Tia quickly transformed our favorite spirit into a margarita with a twist, an Avocado Margarita! And Chef Bria blew us away with her delicious take on Tostadas with Ahi tuna.
Enjoy their recipes and check out their favorite boots.
Happy Cinco De Mayo!
Avocado Margarita by Mixologist Tia Downey
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Fresh lime
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- .75 oz Agave
- 2 oz Tequila
- Muddle 1/4 of an avocado. Add 1oz of lime juice and .75 oz of agave over avocado and muddle again.
- Add 2 oz tequila. Shake hard.
- Strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass rimmed with Tajin.
- Garnish with lime wedge and 3 avocado slices.
- Sip and enjoy.
Ahi Tuna Tostada by Chef Bria Downey
- Tostada Tortillas
- #1 Grade Ahi Tuna (1lb)
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 1/3 Cup Ponzu
- 2 TBSP Lemon juice
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 Serrano
- 4 Oz Crema
- 1 Lime (juice and lime wedge to garnish)
- 1 Bunch red radish sliced
- 1TSP Black and white sesame seeds
- Blend crema with ponzu, lemon juice, avocado and serrano and place on top of tostada.
- Chop tuna and toss together and place on top of tostada.
- Garnish with radish, and sesame seeds.